The Neurology Lounge will be incomplete without guidelines-what can we do without them? To come up with a list I took the easy path and searched a database of neurology checklists I am working on for an app. Guess how many guidelines there are? I found 120! 120 guidelines neurologists should know about! This surprised me. As the lounge doesn’t have a bookshelf large enough to accommodate them all, I scaled the number down to my most important 30.
Here then are my top 30 neurology guidelines-all linked.
- Alzheimer’s disease, EFNS, 2010
- Anti-epileptic drug monitoring, ILAE, 2008
- Ataxias and spastic paraplegias, EFNS, 2010
- Bacterial meningitis, EFNS, 2008
- Cluster headache, EFNS, 2006
- Dystonia, EFNS, 2011
- Encephalitis, IDSA, 2008
- Epilepsy, NICE, 2015
- Essential tremor, AAN, 2011
- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy, AAN, 2015
- Friedreich’s ataxia, Experts, 2014
- Giant cell arteritis, BSR/BHPR, 2010
- Headache, BASH, 2010
- HyperCKemia, EFNS, 2010
- Intracerebral haemorrhage, AHA/ASA, 2015
- IVIg in neuromuscular disorders, AAN, 2012
- Limb girdle muscular dystrophies, EFNS, 2007
- Lyme neuroborreliosis, EFNS, 2010
- Migraine, AAN, 2012
- Multiple sclerosis, NICE, 2014
- Neurofibromatosis, Experts, 2007
- Neurogenetic disorders, EFNS, 2009
- Neuromuscular transmission disorders, EFNS, 2010
- Neuropathic pain, EFNS, 2010
- Parkinson’s disease, NICE, 2006
- Status epilepticus, EFNS, 2010
- Stroke, AHA/ASA, 2014
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage AHA/ASA 2012
- Syncope, ESC, 2009
- Viral encephalitis, ABN/BIA, 2012
The list is on the blogs sidebar for easy reference.
Do you agree with my top 30? Do you have any suggestions or updates? Feel free to comment.
Here is a pdf of my top 120 Neurology guidelines.